Md Saroar Jahan is a highly skilled professional full stack technical lead with more than 20 years of experience in software system development and integration in major innovative. He has professional experiences in cloud native platforms, DevSecOps, CI/CD and system integration. He also possesses expert level expertise in various programming languages including Java, C/C++ and C#. He has proven his outstanding problem-solving capability during his career. He has worked in multiple large-scale software projects throughout his career for Defence, Government, Financial and General Consumers.
- Hands on experiences in full software development life cycle for more than 20 years.
- In-depth practical experience in various CI/CD tools
- Actively practicing agile methodology using SCRUM.
- Professional experience on integration among disparate systems using wide varieties of technologies.
- Hands on experiences on containerisation using Docker, Docker Swarm, K3s, Kubernetes (OpenShift)
- Practicing DevSecOps principles to integrate security aspect in the DevOps process. SonarQube, Anchore, OpenSCAP, NexusIQ, Trivy, etc are used to manage the source/image vulnerability.
- Working as senior software engineer and technical team lead for more than 15 years in which 9 years in Australia with a group of skilled software engineers.
- Regular and effective participation in software engineering process improvement, continuous integration and deployment, release management and source code management.
- Applied object-oriented design and service-oriented principles to the integration of disparate systems.
- Team building, time management and mentoring capability.
Professional Experience Summary
- Currently working as technical lead in Joint Operations Division of Defence Science and Technology with the capacity of cutting-edge technologies exploration and implementation.
- Architected and implemented secured platform to enable users to deploy critical services with built-in security framework and monitoring capabilities. Linux, Ansible, Docker Swarm, Traefik, Grafana, Prometheus, Node Exporter, Portainer are some of the technologies used in this project.
- Designed and built continuous integration and deployment platform on Jenkins by integrating various build (Gradle, Maven, Npm, Docker), quality (SonarQube), testing (JUnit, XUnit, Molecule), security (OpenSCAP, Anchore, DefectDojo), registry (Nexus, Artifactory, Harbor) and deployment (OpenShift, Helm, ArgoCD) tools using Jenkins library.
- Design and built a technology agnostic microservices oriented API platform to enable various live data services to be integrated to facilitate aggregation, filtering and query on the data using GraphQL and Kafka.
- Successfully played the role as the senior software engineer with technical team lead capacity within a diverse team of technical people from various domains and geographic locations to deliver several mission critical projects for NSW State Government’s tolling management system. In this project, I provided functional and technical leadership within a team responsible for delivery of several mission critical systems for NSW State Government’s tolling business.
- Successfully lead a group of specialists to design, develop and deploy online bond management system for Consumer and Business Services of SA State Government.
- Lead a team to design and developed voter registration system of more than hundred million people for Govt. of Bangladesh.
- Lead a team to design and developed machine readable passport management system for Govt. of Nepal.
- Lead a team to design and developed smart driver’s license system for Govt. of Bangladesh.
- Designed and developed various financial analysis tools for New York Wall Street based hedge fund.
Software Engineering Practices
- Participates in software engineering process improvement, continuous integration and deployment, release management and source code management.
- Practices DevSecOps principles in the full life cycle of software engineering process
- Gathers, analyses and documents client requirements.
- Prepares effort estimations for system enhancements.
- Participates in reviews of technical specifications.
- Technical Design of very complex components.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Coaches and inspires team to follow agile methodology.
- Provides programming skills to implement functions detailed in both functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Participates in the problem analysis and correction of defects.
- Provides technical advice to other members of the team and lead the construction of the final solution.
- Provides lead technical support to the team responsible for constructing, implementing enhancements and providing long-term defect corrections to applications.